----- Original Message -----
From: MT_SO_Information@blm.gov
To: Jack Venrick
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:30 AM
Subject: Re: How do i file a land patent on my private property

Jack - If you are buying land from the government, a patent will be issued
to you.  If you are buying private property, the patent was issued to the
original owner.  You will not be able to get another patent.  You will be
issued some sort of deed like a quitclaim deed or a warranty deed.    I can
certainly help you find the information about the original land owner if
you would like.  What I would need is the legal description of your
property or the name of the patentee.  I hope I'm making sense.  Let me
know if you have more questions.

Thanks from Cathy Carlisle
                          Bureau of Land Management
                          5001 Southgate Drive
                          Billings MT 59101


I want to file a land patent on my property I am buying in Montana.  How do
I do this.


John R. Venrick