----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 9:33 AM
Subject: How Government Is Using Roundabouts To Run Us Around Our
Members, American Rural landowners, Interested
Parties, Senator Cheryl Pflug, Reps, Rodne and Anderson, (5th
District) Senator Pam Roach, Jay Manning (DOE), the entire King County
Council and the news media.
Ewart, President, National Association of Rural
Mostly Washington State taxpayers and property owners. But don't
be fooled. These kinds of injustices are happening in every state in
the Union, as European, UN, socialism and radical environmental influences,
slowly but surely usurp our remaining constitutional rights, in pursuit of the
NOTE: As a standard
policy, NARLO does not forward other e-mails, but this one from an angry and
articulate rural landowner, is the exception. Although it
outlines a local issue, it is a universal one in every state. We hope you
will take the time to read the whole e-mail, including our introduction and
understand how your government, through stealth, is removing the American
people's right to be the "consent of the governed". Government
knows what is best for us and by God they are going to shove it down our
collective throats whether we like it or not. As anyone with eyes to
"see", they are doing a damn good job of it.
"It doesn't take guns
to conquer a people, it just takes millions of stupid
INTRODUCTION TO FORWARDED
The following is an e-mail message
from rural landowner and American patriot, Jack Venrick, outlning why the
government "inmates" are in charge of the asylum. From fish and habitat
culverts, to European-style roundabouts, to the ESA, the GMA, and the CAO and to
millions of other federal, state and local land use and environmental laws,
American citizens have become nothing but serfs who must bow down to
the almighty government, both politicians and bureaucratic demagogues
alike. The Indians use sympathetic, spineless courts to
blackmail American taxpayers to pay for returning their precious salmon habitat
back to its pristine condition of 150 years ago.
On top of the Indians, we have
the wealthy and politically powerful environmental groups lobbying the
legislatures and using the courts to force radical,
un-American environmentalism down the throats of rural Americans, while the
city folk get off virtually scot-free. So much for equal
protection under the law. Have they forgotten the 14th
It would appear that every time that
any of us bring up these egregious injustices, nothing happens except for the
giant yawn that comes out of the mouths of those of you (in government)
who have the power to do something. Your silence is an insult, if not a
slap in the face to American citizens and taxpayers that are demanding redress
from government. Your usurpations will not last forever. Do not make
the mistake of forgetting the law of unintended consequences. You
can't herd Americans like you would sheep.
For over a year we have
reseached these fish and habitat culverts being foisted on the backs of rural
taxpayers, when the mandate for installing them comes out of federal or state
statutes. Why the Hell should rural landowners have to pay for a federal
or state mandate? Why indeed!
So if you have the courage, take the
time to read Jack's prophetic words on how government (the
inmates) is in charge of the asylum. This asylum that use to
be called the free United States of America, but is no
If you do take the time to read it,
perhaps you (the government) will answer this one very poignant
WHAT IN THE HELL
ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT
If past history is any guide,
For those taxpayers and
landowners reading this, the only reason government gets away with this
crap is because you stand there and do nothing. Government only responds
to the rising collective voices of tens of thousands of Americans who demand
that government stay within its constitutional limits. No other power,
short of armed revolution, will have any affect on them. If you don't
care, neither do they and their power rises accordingly. That is exactly
the "State of the Union" today.
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF
P. O. Box 1031, Issaquah,
425 222-4742 or 1 800
(Fax No. 425
To: WA DOT & King County DOT
cc: American Property Owners, WA State House &
Senate, WA AG, Association of WA Cities, WA DOE, King County Ag Commission,
King County Council, Media, American Policy Center, Evergreen Freedom
Movement, Freedom Groups
Looking West SE 416th & SR 169
Proposed location of a $4 million roundabout
Enumclaw, WA Community Meeting Held to Stop State
The following are my meeting notes and my
- Senator Roach called the 3rd meeting of the WA
State "Proposed" Roundabout promptly at 7PM, Wednesday. 9-26-07 at the
Enumclaw, WA City Library.
- 44 attended the meeting plus several from WADOT
- Senator Pam Roach and Representative Chris Hurst
did an excellent job in representing the community.
- What a refreshing change from the likes of our
King County Council who only represent Seattle.
- If it was not for Senator Roach and Representative
Hurst, Washington State DOT would roll over us faster than King County
- Still the Ms. Eng the WA DOT Regional
Director tells us they are engineers and know best what is good for
- Unbelievable arrogance and more evidence of a
higher up Washington State Green Agenda.
- Property owners are increasingly experiencing this
silent and deadly green extremism in all levels of
- County District & Superior Courts, e.g.
- WA State Prosecuting Attorneys, e.g. Pierce and
The Nitty Gritty
- Mr. Russ East,
Assist. Region Administrator of the NW Region DOT Highway
Construction Program for Snohomish & King County previously told Senator
Roach there would be no roundabout but the money would be kept for the
- Representative Hurst asked for a
letter confirming this.
- DOT NW Regional Administrator Ms. Eng wrote the
letter but did not vacate the roundabout plan
- Senator Roach and Representative Hurst both stated
their position, i.e. the overwhelming majority of the community does not want
- Senator Roach asked for alternatives for the
- The DOT drew up alternatives at the last minute,
i.e. they never even considered alternatives for the intersection.
- Part of the requirements for any traffic control
given to the DOT was "not intrusive to private property".
- Roundabout cost estimated to be $4 million and
take 3.3 areas of rural private farm land property
- A major intersection realignment and signal cost
estimated to be $4 million and take 2.7 acres of rural private farm land
- Legislature has allocated $6.1 million of tax
payer money for this intersection
- $400,000 has been spent so far on study
- Traffic count on SR169 is 12,000 per day, or about
6,000 each way, north and south
- There has been 32 accidents in 8 years, i.e. 4
accidents/year, other numbers and years show 2 accidents/year
- DOT is inferring it was their way, i.e. roundabout
or no way, i.e. they Mr. East & Ms. Lorena Eng refused to take the
roundabout off the table.
- Senator Roach went through a list of DOT hand
write alternatives with the 44 in attendance and eliminated 4 alternative
including the roundabout.
- The DOT was directed to come back to a working
group of Senator Roach to discuss.
- Meeting adjourned
- Mr. Russ East email is email@example.com
- Ms. Eng email is firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. #1 Here is another type of
"roundabout" for fish and an example of how government railroads local
rural property owners.
Intersection of SE 416th and 244th SE looking
Before installation of an est. $500,000
concrete fish "roundabout"
There are NO problems at this
NO safety problems, NO water problems & NO
Here is a Qwest cable being rerouted for the ghost
Qwest contractors installing phone cable
splice box to reroute Qwest phone cable
This took several men and several large machines 3
The work crew had no idea why they were doing
The City of Enumclaw has to also reroute a water
This needless fish roundabout was not approved nor
authorized by the local property owners affected.
- But it will cost us big time.
- Our local main road is shut down for near a
- There was no local meetings about this.
- Nor were the rural property owners asked if
they wanted it.
- Nor was the City of Enumclaw tax
- The King County Council said nothing.
- The King County DOT contact never replied to my
email or set up a meeting
Please see attached email from Ron Ewart www.narlo.org and Barb Lindsey of One
Nation United http://www.onenationunited.org which covers the background of this long string of government
imposed usurping and meddling of private and public property. Check out
both web sites and discover how government unconstitutional takes
more of our private and public property.
There is a long rope of government taking
intertwined with many smaller cords of taking. Each level of
government downstream becomes less effective in representing its people because
of this intertwined tapestry of taking.
- At the top of the taking is a non government
special interest group
- Government at any levels are sued and bribed
by special interest groups
- U.S. government rather than saying NO pass
pork barrel and extreme legislation not having a clue of the downstream
- Then the U.S. Congress extorts the States
typically using DOT funding,
- The States rather than saying NO take the
- The States then write more strangling
unconstitutional private property taking legislation extorting their
counties and cities.
- The counties equally addicted, write more
illegitimate private property taking regulations and codes further extorting
the property owners.
- The cities in turn are even more addicted and
beef up their codes and enforcement of tyrannical green takings
- The rural property owners slowly collapse from
the weight of this coercive force
- The cities & counties rapidly Gerrymander
& eminent domain progressively more rural land around them
- The cities and counties fight for rural land for
"best available revenue"
- i.e. they draw and quarter rural private property
for their own future reserve of revenue
- The rural areas are turned into socially
engineered private property reserved ONLY for government growth,
e.g. cities, tribes, counties, state, federal, military.
- The rural property owners are brutalized by
Gestapo code enforcement and green theme courts.
- Local government is rendered near "helpless"
- Private property owners basic rights are ripped
- Individual freedom and liberty gradually
- We are closer to Russian collective farms now,
than early American post Revolution colonial independence
- The profile of the beast is its increasing
use of force to take increasing more tyrannical legislation, judication
- The first head of the beast in driven
by super wealth.
- The beast starts to take on another head
driven by social engineering colluding with the first head
- Other heads of the beast grow to support more
special interest and each other
- Free choice is soon taken.
- The America dream of individual freedom and
liberty has been taken in two centuries by big government
partnering with big business and social engineering
"From its inception, the
right of property in Russia became associated with the consolidation
of the nobility's power over the peasants and the abuse of the serf
system.....The property rights bestowed by the
tsarist regime became identified with its despotic
Property And Freedom,
pg. 196, Richard Pipes
Culvert ruling backs
Seattle Times staff reporter
landmark decision more than 30 years in the making, a federal judge Wednesday
ruled the state can't build or maintain road culverts that hurt fish passage or
diminish fish populations because that violates tribal treaty rights to
case has broad implications to spur the pace and increase the cost of state
culvert repairs already under way around Western
Washington. The ruling by U.S. District Judge Ricardo S.
Martinez, expected to be appealed, could also lead tribes to seek other habitat
could be very big," said Mason Morisset, an attorney representing tribes in the
case. "If it stands, you will see tribes assert themselves on a broad range of
activities to protect the habitat. Whether it's clearing wetlands or building
roads and developments ... , if we can show you are going to have a net loss of
habitat, that is a treaty rights violation."
judge posed no remedy in the decision; that's a step that will begin next week.
Fixing more culverts faster is sure to be on the table. And that is going to be
not going to use the 'B' word, but it's millions of dollars," said Fronda Woods,
assistant attorney general for the state of Washington, the defendant in the
case pertains to fish habitat everywhere north of the Columbia River and west of the Cascade crest, affecting
the treaty rights of about 20 tribes that brought the suit.
state agency faces a bigger potential bill than the Department of
Transportation, with about 800 culverts in Western
Washington to fix.
great concern from a budget perspective," said Paula Hammond, interim
agency has already spent $40 million identifying and fixing problem culverts
since 1991 and intends to spend $69 million more over the next 12 years. Now it
looks like that won't be enough.
likely hundreds of millions of dollars of corrections that would need to be
said. "We don't have those kinds of funds, and you have to weigh this against
the costs for maintaining and preserving our existing
ruling didn't speak to culverts built and maintained by local governments,
raising questions about broader implications of the
asked. "Think about a stream as it crosses a city street and a county road and a
state highway as it makes its way to Puget
doesn't solve the problem unless you correct the whole corridor, and if we can't
afford it at the state level, the local agencies certainly can't," Hammond
tribes, the ruling was a long-awaited culmination of the original Boldt
decision, U.S. vs. Washington. In that case,
tribes sought not only affirmation of their treaty right to fish in their usual
and accustomed places, but protection of habitat to ensure that fish would
always be there to catch.
P.S. #2 Here is amphitheater
"roundabout" for the tribe (MIT)and another example of government meddling
and illegitimate taking of rural private property.
This was rural farm private property but with the
right amount money and the right connections, the Muckleshoot Indian Tribe
bought the land, transferred it into the U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs tribal
trust, fired a protesting BIA manager. Then they proceeded to build a
20,000 seat outdoor amphitheater holding 40 some events a year.
Gambling and entertainment big business are using tribal sovereignty to take
private property all over America. Local Enumclaw people tried for years
to stop it, but were stiffed by King County Council and the courts. This
mess is 5 miles from me. They had over a dozen choices of sites not on the
Enumclaw rural farm land plateau but they were allowed to take this one piece of
rural private property. Yet we cannot use our land, clear our ditches,
drain our fields, remodel our homes, subdivide our land for our relatives,
P.S. #3. Here is another example of how King
County Council and government meddles and extorts rural private
"Picture a dairy farm with no diary
King County Council sells a multimillion
dollar bond to the King County citizens. Seattle voters and
environmental extremists who do not live out here want to park out the Enumclaw
Plateau but do not want to pay for it themselves. So they raise the money
through a bond that everybody pays for the rest of their life to buy out
the development rights of a few farms. They distort and misrepresent the
wording and advertising in the bond measure. It is the primarily the green
crowd in Seattle pushing these unconstitutional takings. The dairy farm
near me was given $400,000 and has since gone out of business. Milk prices
were too unstable. He sells off half the farm and contracts to stay alive
and raises corn. All of which probably barely pay for the property taxes
and his living expenses. This is government social engineering at its
This is why our Founding Fathers designed a
limited government. These are just a few local examples or how big
government has created a long rope of takings of our constitutional
and natural rights. Big government and big special interest are
weaving a rope of taking that is hanging us all out to dry.
P.S. #4. The cities, with the help of
Association of Washington Cities and State and counties grab rural farm
land to grow their tax base.
- Local inc. & uninc. towns eat up
rural farm land for higher and best tax revenue while they
- sue, fine, brutalize, jail, lien, trespass,
extort property improvements upon tens of thousands of
rural property owners.
- Then they use much of this money for their own
inner city projects.
- City of Renton soon grows out to Maple
- Maple Valley soon connects to Black Diamond,
- Black Diamond connects to Enumclaw,
- Enumclaw connects to Buckley,
- Buckley connects to Lake Wilderness & Lake
Tapps & Sumner & Puyallup & Fife & Tacoma & Olympia
- Picture rural private property owners squeezed out
of their life and their rights
- If you can't see this picture, come out here and I
will show it to you
- This is the agenda of Washington State, County and
City governments, Association of WA Cities, all of the green groups including
the courts, the legislature and the executive.
- City of Enumclaw grabs half of Rainier
Horse Stable directly on SR 169 with a traffic count of 12,000 a year for a
- and they take two 100 acre farms to sell to
a developer to build $350,000 cracker box homes 12 feet apart with no play
ground for the kids,
- now they are trying to eminent domain more
rural farm land west of the city
It won't be long before there is no rural land
because the local cities will take it for their own coffers. The
Growth Management Act is not what you think. It is an unconstitutional
taking of private property for the sole benefit of government at all levels PLUS
their partners in crime, i.e. the green extreme groups and the green
Few will see the following:
- rural property owners cannot use their land or
have only limited use,
- nor afford the insane and unconstitutional
illegitimate taxes on private property including their wages,
- nor cannot sell their land at commercial value for
their own retirement.
- nor tolerate the never ending escalation
of illegitimate taxation without representation
- including zoning changes and DDES and county
district and superior court Gestapo tactics.
- the media both conservative and
liberal turn their mics away because their audience and funding are
- Demand an open government including public
disclosure of government and non government AGENDAS
- Demand policy changes stopping
all government action against local private property owners
- Demand any government or non government action
requires direct approval of the local property owners.
- Demand a shift in government taking, to a
government that respects and honors local communities first and foremost.
- Demand major changes in the county and state
- including Prosecuting Attorneys,
District, Superior, Court of Appeals & Supreme Court Judges
- oath of office to obey the State and U.S.
Constitution must be beefed up to
- Much stiffer penalties and easier prosecution
- Judges and PA's must disclose any agenda
they are given
- Judges and PA's and their staff must be
monitored and held personally accountable.
- all property related violations must have strict
limitations on penalties,
- no open ended tampering of bail bond, jail
time, avoidance of pleas, et al
- Property Owners are witnessing District and
Superior Court corruption especially in Pierce and King
- Demand an INDEPENDENT whistle blower and
watch dog groups inside all government departments that touch private property
- Demand expanded powers of the Attorney General's
office to take complaints from citizens groups to investigate and
prosecute any government corruption regarding private property
- Demand stiff sentences against any government
- including stiff fines and imprisonment of
government employees giving excessive code enforcement and
- the same for all court personnel that
violate & harasses the rights of private property owners
- Demand stiff sentences against any green
extreme groups that pressure government at any level to exercise private
property takings, e.g.
- Washington Environmental Council, Futurewise,
CELP, Nature Conservancy, Autobahn, etc.
- Demand government wide investigations of
departments that are overly zealous of private property owners, e.g.
- Pierce and King County court system
- King and Pierce County code enforcement, DDES.
- King County Council extortion of
unconstitutional permitting fees on top of unconstitutional property
- Demand new legislation allowing personal
liability suits against any government employee who breeches his/her oath
and code of conduit.
- Demand the establishment of a Independent
Office of Freedom and Liberty at State and county levels
- where any government employee may be summoned
and held accountable
- before an independent group of private property
owners and/or victims
- from any acts including excessive legislation,
regulations and enforcement upon private property
- Demand impact statements on the basic
constitutional rights of all impacted rural property owners.
The so called Growth Management Act, Critical Area
Ordinance, Endangered Species Act, et al, are an environmental ponzi
scheme, taking and redistributing basic God given, natural and
constitutional rights from every honest man and women in
American government at all levels has become a
deadly cancer against all our freedoms and liberties. We have reached
a flash point between the takers and the taken. Socialism and Communism in
Washington State cannot coexist with free people.
"Russian servitors had no guarantees
of personal rights, which is why they cannot be called nobles: their landed
estates, indeed their ranks and very lives, were dependent on the goodwill of
the tsar and his officials. No charters were issued to them before the
modern era (1785) of the kind that were familiar in medieval Poland, Hungary,
England and Spain. From this point of view, the status of a Russian noble"
was no different from that of the lowest commoner, and so it comes as no
surprise that in addressing the tsar the highest dignitaries of the realm
referred to themselves as his slaves. Land tenure entailed not so much
rights as obligations, and there were even cases heavily punishable under a law
of 1642 of dvoriane trying to evade state service by bonding themselves as
slaves to other landlords.
How extreme was the hostility of the
Russian monarchy to private property can be seen from the fact that it refused
to acknowledge as inviolate property even personal belongings, recognized as
such by the most primitive societies. Russians had no certainty that
government agents would not seize any object of value in their possession and
forbid trade in any commodity by declaring it a state monopoly. Fletcher
thus describes the anxiety he encountered among Russian merchants:
"The great oppression over the poore
Commons, maketh them to have no courage in following their trades: for that the
more they have, the more daunger they are in, not onely of their goods,
but of their lives also......"" Property And Freedom, pg. 178-179
Rural & Watching
My Freedom & Liberties
Unjustly, ungodly, unnaturally,
"The wise man says, " I am looking for the truth,"
and the fool, "I have found the truth".